Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dumpster Diving

I just got back from the Food Mart, well let me go back in time for you and give you the play by play. I wake up, I have three missed calls from Alicia, I call Alicia back and find out she lost her passport and in three hours her plane leaves back to England. With my hair sticking up in all directions and mind you I have not shaved in a week I throw on a pair of dirty shorts and t-shirt right out of the dirty clothes hamper and jump in the car and drive to the Food Mart. Keep this image in your head as it gets better. I hop out at the Food Mart and proceed to walk around the parking lot looking for the passport, I then go inside the Food Mart and decide to go through the ladies room trash, it is early morning and there is nobody in there so I help myself. After looking in the women's trash I look in the men's room trash, I then do a quick walk through of the store and head back home. Having doubt's I turn around and head back to the store again and decide to dump out the trash can in the ladies room floor to make sure the passport is not in it (only a penny was of value in there) then I put it all back, repeat the same thing for the men's room, the Chicken Express trashcan (I find the film props from yesterday in this one) and the outside trashcan. Nope nothing there, I even have the manager open his safe and look and see if by chance the passport was put in there (nope, nothing but money). On the way back home I get a call from Alicia, she found her passport under the car seat of her sister's car, how it got there I have no idea and neither did she. I know, I know, some of you will say I am a decent guy for doing all that and some of you will think that I am suppose to do it because I am the director and she was my actress, but once you dumpster dive for someone I think you get the friendship badge. (wink)

J. Allen

No comments: